The Funk & Soul Weekender is one of the UK’s most exciting new festivals, providing visitors with a combination of some of the most forward-thinking Funk & Soul musicians around. The 2016 festival took place at beachside resort Camber Sands, located an hour’s travel from London, in May 2016.
We were tasked with creating the branding for the festival and designed a bespoke hand-drawn logo as the focal point, as well as devising the colour scheme and wider branding.
- The event’s logo and branding needed to have a sophisticated, authentic feel whilst conveying the aesthetic of funk and soul music
- The logo had to be adaptable, working equally well at different sizes, in different colours and for both web and print promotion
- Promotional material should convey the spirit of the event and appeal to a range of potential festival-goers, from funk and soul enthusiasts to trendy Londoners looking for a weekend away
- We crafted a distinct, hand-rendered logo that was entirely unique to the brand
- The logo plays to the 70s heritage of funk and soul whilst retaining a contemporary feel
- We devised a key colour palette for marketing materials promoting the festival and secondary colour schemes for other events, such as launch parties
- New Analog created an illustration to represent festival’s personality and act as a lead image across all promotional material
2-4 Park Street
Bristol, BS1 4HX
© Studio Plec - All rights reserved